Psalm 106:1

Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever!

Monday, February 25, 2008

Peanut Butter Snaps

Ok, so this is officially my first "blog". I am very new to all of the blogging stuff, but find it quite fun and interesting to see into friends day to day lives! So here goes......

Last night we decided to have some "family fun" and make some homemade peanut butter snaps! I did all the work, but Jason was there to lend a hand in getting out and putting up ingredients and cleaning up the dishes...so I guess you could say maybe he did SOME work too:) Macie was hilarious, as the cookies were baking, she stood right in front of the oven, pearing in, saying "ummmmmm, ummmm", her own 15 month old version of YUM! Needless to say, they turned out great and the whole family enjoyed! Here is the recipe of anyone would like to enjoy them as well!

Peanut Butter Snaps

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 and 2/3 cup all purpose flower
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

In a large bowl creme together first 6 ingredients. Add next 3 ingredients and mix well. Roll into 1 inch balls and then fork mash each ball in the shape of a cross using a small amount of sugar on the fork. Bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm SOOOOO happy you've decided to start a blog. I must warn you, it's VERY addictive, but such a good way to capture all those little moments that you'd forget otherwise. I can't wait to see pictures of the family. Not to mention, we REALLY need to get together soon!!

Fred and Renee said...

I am excited thta you are blogging too. Now I can see lots of pictures of Macie.Good to have you on board!

Dan and Tami said...

Hey! We decided to try out your cookies and they are ummmmm, ummmmm good!!!!

Heather said...

Faith -

I just saw you on Elizabeth's blog roll, and knew that had to be the same little Macie in my "Teddy Bears" class @ Highpoint ;) What a small world, Elizabeth and I went to college together ...

Heather Bruce

Joanna said...

cool! glad you've joined the blogging club. i still haven't started one, but i enjoy reading everyone else's! i love your entry...what a cozy night! we just might have some peanut butter snaps tonight!!!

post some pics!
joanna

Elizabeth said...

Mmmm... I made these for our small group last night. They were a HUGE hit. And I'm having some more for breakfast. The recipe made a TON of cookies. So good!!!

Linda McKay said...

Faith, I so much enjoy keeping up with everybody on these blogs, I am doing weight watchers also so keep me accountable. I'll bet the cookies only had 1/2 point each ha